We’ve had our official first day of Spring (though Whidbey weather, naturally, did not cooperate lol). And now we’re looking at brighter, longer, warmer days! Spring is the perfect time to do some little maintenance tasks around your home, indoors and out, to brighten things up and set yourself up for an easy summer. If you’re planning on selling your home in the near future, this list of ideas is the perfect way to start preparing your home for a winning sale!
- Wash all your windows – inside and out!
- Power wash your outdoor surfaces
- Give your entry a facelift! Maybe brighten up your front door with a new paint job, clean the cobwebs off your light fixtures, grab a couple potted plants/flowers for by the door, a new doormat… the possibilities are endless!
- Paint or replace the street numbers on your house
- Make sure all exterior lights are working
- Give every room a purpose!
- Let the light in – Get some new curtains, clean up or replace your blinds, open those windows and make them an accent to your beautiful home, to let that Spring sun shine in!
- Declutter your house. Spring is the perfect time for garage and yard sales, so take a weekend and go through that storage closet, guest room, junk drawer, shed, garage… wherever it is you tend to stick the things you just don’t know what to do with! Clear it out! It feels so good.
- Clean everything! Everything. I know that sounds intimidating, but you can do it! Need a comprehensive list or a great monthly cleaning schedule? Let me know! I can send you some of my favorites! I’m not always great at sticking to them, but they are definitely good for motivation and ideas!
- Fix anything that’s broken. Now is a great time to replace those lightbulbs in your bathroom or dining room that have gone out. Replace the one piece of door trim outside, that the dog has scratched up. Replace those cracked bits of vinyl siding. Maybe even patch that dent you put in the wall, moving furniture two years ago, lol. Whatever the little fixes are, that you’ve been putting off – now is a great time to take care of them!
Whether you need a list of great local contractors or recommendations on what to fix and replace, let’s connect to make sure your house is ready for a top-dollar sale this Spring! And if you’re not looking to sell just yet (or at all), you can still reach out any time for recommendations or some ideas and inspiration!